Thursday, March 19, 2020

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on creating an introduction and conclusion for both of my topics. I've come across an online article on how to write an introduction, conclusion, and the body of your paragraphs (https://lsa.umich.edu/sweetland/undergraduates/writing-guides/how-do-i-write-an-intro--conclusion----body-paragraph.html) that really helped me get started on it. 

↣ An introduction is usually the first paragraph of a chapter so I really wanted to grab the attention of the viewers by providing and discussing an interesting statement, i.e an explanation of strategic dominance in gameplay, or the fascination of game complexities. I've already written my introductions which are as follows;

Managing complexities
↣ Developers of game AI (artificial intelligence) are always fascinated with packing more complexity into the virtual brains they build. However, complexities usually have a price, or rather multiple; poor run-time, a lack of directability, poor scalability, and worst of all, a dim experience for players in which the AIs seem to act "randomly" rather than "intentionally". We will discuss sources of complexity and the different ways in which complexity can manifest itself.

Avoiding Dominant Strategies 
↣ Strategic dominance in game theory happens when one strategy that a player uses leads to much better outcomes for them than other possible strategies, regardless of which strategies their opponents use. In the following article, we will discuss more strategic dominance, dominant and dominated strategies, and strategic dominance in general. Then, we will see how leaning towards strategic dominance can help you make more strategic decisions, and how it can help you expect your opponents’ behavior.

↣ The conclusion is the last part of a chapter, so I had to do my best to summarize the topics and explain the significance of each topic. In order to do so, I had to restate my main points and keep in mind that my introduction and conclusion aren't the same.


Image found on pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...