Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Workshop 01.

Coming into this workshop, I've never heard of the "traffic light" exercise, and was quite unsure of what was asked and how it worked. Although I am still quite confused after it, I did get some sort of an idea of what was asked. Usually I despise group work, but in this case my peers helped me understand the task a lot more, by discussing the topic and hearing their ideas. I was paired up with Dylan and David, and unfortunately, none of us brought in paper, we somehow only brought in pens, but came to the conclusion of drawing out a site map and giving a brief description on "Word" using my Mac Book. We then got to create a timeline and code-based solution based off other classmates ideas using "Adobe Animate" after class (a programme I have never heard of before, and something useful I will be taking home with me from the exercise!). I did really enjoy the interactivity, but thought the group work and the exercise wasn't something I was really interested nor passionate about. I also find it quite draining to write about an unenlightening workshop, and would love a more enticing interactive experience in the future. I did however find discussing our solutions rather interesting as I got to see from other people's prospectives on the given topic. I wouldn't recommend using this exercise to others as I find it very confusing, and would better recommend researching exercises in groups on a specific topic, as group work can be quite beneficial to others in the future, such as improving creativity, productivity, motivation and a positive reinforcement. If anything, I left the workshop more confused then fascinated. I do hope to change my views on group work in the future, as I think it could be more beneficial to my course.

Me still being confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...