Thursday, September 26, 2019

Growth Mindset

Personally, I have never heard of the Carol Dweck growth mindset challenge, and have learned about it through various posts and videos found http://growthmindsetmemes.blogspot.com. Honestly, I think it's very strict forcing children to push themselves and make them feel guilty. I understand that making children feel tasks are too easy for them is a bit much, but making kids feel cheated if the work is too easy for them can in turn, make them feel bad about themselves. Instead, I think telling children the opportunities and rewards that they'll receive once they push themselves, that way children will feel better about themselves.
 
   ↳  I don't think I would be very interested in further learning about this challenge as I don't want to be guilt tripped into thinking I am not pushing myself when I know I am capable of doing so.
   ↳  For this semester, I am going to push myself to learn more about the different software's and equipment we use throughout the year, as I know this will be beneficial towards my career and influencer lifestyle through creating content for YouTube and Instagram. I am also going to push myself to learn about different filming techniques and go into the technicalities of using a DSLR camera, since I want to learn about different photographic techniques and effects.

Feeling guilt-tripped

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vladimir,

    It was interesting reading your opinion about growth mindset. I hadn't thought about that if you push children that it could become stressful. It's making me change my opinion on what I had initially thought.

    I love your blog and really enjoy your posts. Keep them coming!

    James

    ReplyDelete

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...