Sunday, November 17, 2019

First playable.

This week I've finally started working on my game and let me tell you it was not easy (resisting the urge to purchase an assets pack from the unity store to have much better graphics was quite tricky). I've begun laying out the terrain and quite frankly am still confused by it all. I'm still stuck on this one big square when I want it differently shaped, surrounding it with water (somehow this was hard to find) and scripting the plastic.
Beginning.
I've somehow managed to create this dull look with just the original sky, but may make it darker and more spookier with some alternative settings. I despise the coding for a single. piece. of plastic. absolutely horrible. This took me more time than perfecting the terrain (somehow?). 

Finding plastic.
The constant research for different aspects of creating the game is making me lose motivation to continue, but it's actually turning out really well because of them (who knew Indian men from youtube were so cool?). I will admit that originally I had really high expectations for creating this game and I did think it would be a piece of cake but my god it's somehow turned into a piece of work. I'm quite happy with how the game looks and what it's turning into, but I do think I need to work on how the game starts and how it looks by creating a menu and several levels. I'm super excited to see how the game will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...