Sunday, November 10, 2019

Prototype.

Since my 'Game Vision Statement', I have elaborated on my idea by developing some prototypes, such as drawing out a basic map of the game and some start and end points. 

A photo of my map.
➪ Considering the game is meant to raise awareness on global warming and our doom because of plastic, I wanted to go for a more greener feel, with plenty of trees, grass and scenery. I'm also considering creating a barn to promote organic products, and a home made from more sustainable materials. I'd also like to surround the land with trees rather than the player being able to jump into the water, but still be able to see water in the horizon. I won't be creating a player for the game, therefore it will be in first person perspective.

A screenshot of my starting point.
➪ To start the player off, I'm going to add very harsh lighting and vignetting so when the player starts off, they would be particularly slow and can only see the spot they are on, with a message saying "Find 10 pieces of plastic" so that the player's environment could improve. 

A screenshot of my ending point.
➪ Once the player has collected 10 pieces of plastic, they see a beautiful "nostalgic" sky with a lively environment. They will also receive a message to let them know they won and can continue to explore the area, and will get a pop up message on different ways to be more sustainable and help our world.

➪ What I am struggling with, is reducing the vignetting effect and altering the light by bringing brightness in for every piece of plastic collected as this involves scripting. I'm also struggling with coming up with objects to include in my map, I am however open to suggestions if you'd like to comment them down below!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Vlad, I just read through your prototype you have made and it is starting to look pretty good. I really admire your game design choice with the lighting, increasing the lighting to make it more brighter when all the rubbish is gathered is very clever, plus I think giving the players the ability to continue to explore the surrounding area after the main game is completed is a good idea, on top of allowing them to learn more about how to look after the environment.
    I saw you minion you need suggestions for items to placed in your game level, well, I was think some possible choices for you that could be really good are things like streams, compost heaps, lampposts and benches just to name a few.
    I do have a question though regarding the plastic, your legend depicts the plastic in predetermined locations but are they going to be that way always or are they going to be occasionally shifting positions around your map? Furthermore do you plan for people to replay this game after the first time through? In the end, your prototype looks great and I hope you do well with your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vlad
    I just read your blog on the prototype you made and it looks like its starting to come together quite well. I love the addition of the map you have sketched out in particular as it gives a good visual element of how you want your overall project to look layout wise.

    I love how after collecting 10 pieces of plastic the player gets a notification letting them know that they have won and that you still left the option for the player to continue on and explore the world you are making to let them take in the scenery and get drawn into the worlds atmosphere.

    I was curious have you considered were you are going to have these plastic pieces appear each time the level is started , in different locations each time the level starts or are you going to have them always appear in the same locations. just a thought to consider as if they changed each time it would make the game more challenging and add more incentive to the players to replay it.

    Overall I love the idea as well as the concept and am looking forward to seeing how it looks in the future. All the best.

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...