Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Review Week Comments & Feedback.

Overall, I think I benefitted a lot from the comments and feedback I was receiving from other students in my class, as I can take constructive criticism very well and I can, in turn, use this to improve my blog posts and game. I find comments who express their own opinion towards my game or about me more beneficial as I feel like I can learn and grow from it, and I find its a great way for to help me reach my goals. I find looking at other classmate's game ideas and presentations beneficial, as they inspire me to add on and push myself to create a much better game. I try my best to be as honest and sincere as I can be when I write up feedback towards my college mates, and I hope it gives them an opportunity to see their actions from my perspective. I've also looked at videos they've recommended as tutorials for their game, and took some aspects to put into my game (https://wakelet.com/i/invite?code=cb8edba), such as the forestry terrain tutorials, creating a start and end pop-up sign, and even messing around with the sky block. A good feedback strategy I've discovered is being as honest as possible, as other's can really benefit from this to improve their game and also pull their weight a bit more if they've realised their slacking is getting noticed by us. After reading everybody's comments on some of my blog posts, it gives me a better insight on how I should phrase my own feedback towards others, being its more professional or more friendly, each person to their own preference, and that's totally fine. Reading others people's blogs and commenting and replying to each others introductions, I've learned a lot about my classmates, like their tv show preferences, career goals, pets, etc. really makes me feel like I am a much closer friend to them than I thought. I'm also delighted with how many responses I've gotten on my own introduction post and how people didn't know I was Eastern European (thought my name would give it away but anyway). I'm also amazed at how these feedback comments and introductions got me to be able to talk to my peers, as I feel my year is very secluded and clique-y. I do feel the word count is unnecessary when writing feedback comments for others or when others are required to do so on mine, as I sometimes struggle trying to find critiques towards a blog post/game idea that I feel doesn't need my opinion on. I'm quite happy with my blogs layout and the content provided, as (in my opinion) is very neat, with the labels on the side for easier navigation, and a very Tumblr-esque/aesthetic background of the view from an airplane window (if you didn't know, I appreciate aestheticism). I also try my best to find more aesthetically-pleasing non-copyrighted imagery to publish, display and link to, but struggle when I consistently get recommended to adobe stock and pay a fortune for some images that I can potentially recreate or find for free on websites that display a lot more than they do.

An aesthetically pleasing image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...