Thursday, November 14, 2019

Unity Free Tutorial.

This week, I've decided to do some research and find other Unity tutorials rather than stick to Jimmy Vegas' series, as I'd like to find tutorials that are more specific to my own game. I've come across a You Tuber called 'Sherry Dragonair' who showcases a video titled 'Making a Terrain in Unity - Beginner's Tutorial'. In this video, Sherry goes in-depth on creating a much higher-quality forest/terrain than Jimmy Vegas, and I quite enjoy how he gets straight to the point in a 16-minute long video, rather than creating a whole series on different aspects to the terrain. Although he doesn't talk in the video, I did learn a lot about the terrain tool, adding textures, forming the ground, etc. I'm quite the perfectionist and I know I'll be struggling with the terrain more than the scripting (because it's much easier to find, copy and paste code rather than finding map formation tutorials). I also know I'm going to spend hours struggling creating the terrain to look like a mountain to suit my taste, I did however enjoy adding the trees and messing around with the grass textures to create a more forest-y feel to the game, making it look more realistic. Adding just hints of grey to the mountain tops and some greenery around the trees make the map pop that much more.

 mountains.
Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...