Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Reading 2.

As for the proposed books, I've chosen the topics in relation to managing complexity and avoiding dominant strategies. The reasoning behind me choosing these topics is because I'd like to challenge myself and go for topics I've never actually heard of before.

↝ As for my first topic, on managing complexity;
I began my research by breaking down the two words, such as finding out the definitions and finding any synonyms in relation to gaming.
Managing; In relation to maintaining control over a subject in a game, or using your currency, time or other resources sensibly. According to Google Dictionary, managing also means succeeding in surviving or in achieving something despite the difficult circumstances, also known as coping mechanisms. Some synonyms in relation to the word are being in charge of, handling, organizing, guiding, taking care of, and leading. 
Complexity; In relation to the difficulty of a game, easy, medium and hard. According to Google Dictionary, complexity means the state or quality of being intricate or complicated or a factor involved in a complicated process or situation. Some synonyms in relation to the word are complications, problems, difficulties, twists, turns, convolutions, entanglements, intricacies, complicatedness, involvements, and convolutedness.


↝ As for my second topic, on avoiding dominant strategies;
I, once again, continued on my research by breaking down the words and finding out any information I could find online in relation to gaming.
Dominant; In relation to winning/being in the lead of a game i.e dominance. According to Google Dictionary, dominance is also related to power or control over someone or something. Some similar words include supremacy, superiority ascendancy, domination, mastery, authority, rule, command, control, leverage, and influence.
Strategy; In relation to an outcome determined by a choice made by a game player. According to Google Dictionary, it also means planning and directing operations or movements in a war or battle. Some similar words include master plan, grand design, plan of action, tactics, and schemes.


This image found on pixabay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...