Thursday, February 27, 2020

Unity Tutorial 05.

This week in regards to unity tutorials, I've come across several videos on Unity's website about Collision Decisions, developing VR Experiences and locomotion ergonomics. (https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/lesson-2-4-collision-decisions?courseId=5cf96c41edbc2a2ca6e8810f&projectId=5cdcc312edbc2a24a41671e6). As for the collision decisions, instead of pressing S to spawn the animals, I’ve set a spawn on a timed interval so that the animals can appear every few seconds. Next, I’ve added colliders to all the prefabs and made it launch a projectile into an animal to destroy it. Finally, I’ve learned how to display a “Game Over” message if any animals make it past the player. This tutorial explained coding with colliders and trigger components much clearer than any other older versions such as Jimmy Vegas' ones, as they finally work on my laptop! 

I’ve also come across another article based on a challenge, where balls are randomly falling from the sky and I have to send my dog out to catch them before they hit the ground. To complete this challenge, I had to make sure the variables are assigned properly, the if-statements were programmed correctly, the collisions were being detected perfectly, and that the objects were being generated randomly. I struggled a little on this one, but with a little help from my classmates, I got through the challenge (https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/challenge-2-play-fetch-with-random-values-and-arrays?courseId=5cf96c41edbc2a2ca6e8810f&projectId=5cdcc312edbc2a24a41671e6). 

In regards to the continuation of the development of VR experiences, I’ve learned how to install the Oculus Integration and VRTK in Unity, enable VR in a Unity project and explore VR SDK use cases, and set up a basic scene using Oculus Utilities and VRTK (https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/unit-3-using-unity-to-develop-vr-experiences?courseId=5d955b5dedbc2a319caab9a0). 

Lastly, in relation to the locomotion ergonomics, I got to recognize common triggers of discomfort, such as the common causes of motion sickness, following guidelines for minimizing motion sickness, how to avoid and minimize their effects, and also be able to implement a teleport system within the escape room vertical slice. I also am now able to identify usability considerations for different types of VR movement design and implement a teleport-based movement system in the escape room vertical slice.

This image was found on pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...