Monday, October 21, 2019

Games GDD

I've recently come across several articles on the early stages of the designing process (https://learn.canvas.net/courses/3/pages/level-5-introduction-and-readings). When deciding what to include, I tend to constrain my own ideas and concerns that don’t actually need extra time (i.e perfecting it to a T). Something I really love about games is their physical presentation, I'm more likely to appreciate one that has a lot of thought put into its design principles, such as its box, its rules and its components. The design mechanisms can go a long way in shaping how much a game can really be adored (http://www.thegamesjournal.com/articles/DesignConsiderations.shtml). For the most part, the design of the box really has nothing to do with how a game is played, but there are still problems to take into account. A lot of first impressions of a game come from the box ,and so a good design will go a long way into advertising it. Keeping in mind, but writing clear and short rules to a game does seem like it should be a simple task, until one really tries it. In fact, I think it's a very tough process and one of the trickiest things to get right. No matter how great a job I do, somewhere, someone is going to misunderstand them. With this in mind, there are some overall principles that can help minimize problems. Examples of this would be to include a detailed list of components and to not intentionally write vague rules, as this can make it more difficult for gamers to understand the controls and objectives of your game (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/1415/the_game_design_process.php).

Designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...