Thursday, October 10, 2019

Unity Tutorial 02

I've since continued Jimmy Vegas' series in Unity (can be found here), and I now find Unity slightly more confusing with the whole scripting aspect. I am quite unfamiliar with Visual Studio, I know I'll struggle at first but hopefully I'll get the hang of it sooner than later. I do however find the "creating gems in order to collect them" quite interesting, and I may end up taking this idea and using it in my game, as I most likely will create either a stealth-type game or a sandbox-rpg game where the player can collect something a little more unique (possibly pages, bags of goods, or even hints). I'm also quite excited to be messing around with the terrain tools to be creating my own rivers/lakes/ponds, mess around with the colours around it to make it a little more realistic, and even include fences as a border around the entire map so players cannot go over the boundaries and into oblivion (or maybe they could, who knows). Unfortunately, I am quite disappointed with episode 5 of his series as I don't understand the difference between the before and afters of ray casting. I feel it was a waste of an episode, but I'm open to learning more useful techniques to use in scripting.

Into Game Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...