Wednesday, October 2, 2019

UnityTutorial 01

After viewing a few episodes of Jimmy Vegas' series in creating a game using the 'Unity' programme (can be found here), I've come to the conclusion that I've seen some of the tools and am familiar with the layout because of Roblox Studio (bare in mind this has been a while ago I've used the programme). The first two episodes, I was already familiar with the set-up, but found episode 3 rather interesting when Jimmy introduced downloading content from online and including trees, grass and gems. I was also fascinated when he began altering the colours, adding movement to the grass and bringing the trees to life, and in turn, is motivating me to do further research into creating my own game. I do however find the terminology and multiple tabs quite confusing, and I know I will soon struggle trying to find different folders and adding textures as I'll be mixing them up a lot (a common theme for even when I was creating my own games through Roblox's studio as a kid). I'm also quite the perfectionist so I know it will take me quite some time to fully understand all the tools used, and I'd want to make a more complex game than a simple "survivors"-type gameplay. I do like the idea of creating a role-play game, so I'll further do some research from other YouTubers and gathering inspiration from unique custom content.

Gaming console.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 8.

So I've taken a break from blogging last week to focus more on my group project, but this week I've been doing some research on cre...